Storage and Handling of Thoclor Hypochlorous Acid Formulations
These instructions should be followed to ensure our product remains stable in the long-term and to guard against any change in the concentration (ppm), efficacy and purity of the Hypochlorous acid contents.
- The product must not be exposed to sunlight or UV. Protect the Thoclor Labs Hypochlorous acid from light exposure at all times, as follows:
- Do not decant the product from the container it is supplied in by Thoclor Labs.
- Do not transport the product in direct sunlight.
- Non-transparent packaging material is indicated to protect the stability of the contained Hypochlorous acid. The best type of packaging material is a coated glass (such as the bottle it comes in) as it has a high-density and is also inert (does not react with the contents).
- Never add anything to the product or mix it with or into anything else. The Hypochlorous acid molecule is extremely fragile. This includes, but is not limited to, substances like fragrance, other disinfectants, surfactants, acids or bases, solvents, colourants, nutrients, plant material, metal, oil, minerals or any pesticide. If an ingredient or additive is to be added to the product this MUST first be verified and tested in our laboratory to verify that there is no impact to the stability of the HOCl in both the short and long term. Various tests may be required.
- Our products are made for specific applications in specific concentrations. Do not use a product designed for a specific use for any another use.
- Discard any unused product 12 months after opening the container or using the atomiser bottle, or once expired.
- The product must be stored at temperatures between 4 and 25°C. Short periods (a few hours to a few days) of elevated temperatures (between 25 and 40°C) will not harm the product.