GF1 Aftercare is developed for use on the skin when undergoing aesthetic treatments. The concentration of HOCl in this formulation is higher than in our GF2 - specifically because it is designed to disinfect the skin before the procedure - and to minimise complications, reduce inflammation and support healing post-treatment. Once the skin has recovered you should switch back to GF2 for daily use until the next treatment.
Directions & Recommendations
Apply GF1 before any skin treatment begins. This will ensure all the pathogens that might be present on the face will be destroyed before the treatment.
- Wash your face with a liquid skin cleanser and gently pat dry with a clean towel.
- Holding the bottle approximately 15cm from your face spray GF1 on the face, neck and around the eyes until the skin is moist.
- Continue with the treatment as normal (the skin does not have to dry when GF1 is used to disinfect the skin before treatment; pathogens are destroyed on contact).
Once your skin manipulation treatment is finished, follow these guidelines to speed up the healing process, prevent infection and reduce inflammation:
- Apply GF1 again IMMEDIATELY after the treatment to a clean, dry face.
- Allow the skin to dry naturally (do not wipe off). We don't recommend accelerating this drying with a hair-dryer or fan as the molecule is active when the skin is damp, so allowing this to evaporate naturally means you get the optimal contact with the skin and the active ingredient has time to be absorbed completely.
- Apply once every 30 minutes for the rest of the day of your treatment.
- If your skin is still red the day after your treatment apply GF1 every hour to the affected area until the skin is no longer red.
- At this point, your skin will have recovered and healed from the treatment.
- Switch back to your regular routine of GF2 morning and evening.
- Your GF1 should be used again before your next skin manipulation treatment on the same basis.
Thoclor's GF1 will not harm your eyes and is safe if accidentally swallowed.
Caution: DO NOT MIX with other products. Always apply GF1 to a clean, dry face. We recommend that you don't use any other cosmetic products whilst the skin is healing post-treatment. Once your skin has recovered you can resume your regular skin routine.
- Store between 5 and 30°C.
- Store out of direct sunlight.
- Keep out of reach of children.
Discard any unused product 12 months after initial use or when expired.
Our skin series contains no animal ingredients and is always cruelty-free.
Please consult our FAQs for more general info on Hypochlorous acid.
We are passionate about dignity, sustainability & education!
At Thoclor Labs we believe everyone deserves dignity. Since October 2018 we have partnered with Subz Padz to sponsor their Project Dignity - helping girls not to miss school because they can't afford sanitary wear.
A percentage of every bottle sold goes towards empowering these young ladies.