GF1 Aftercare is specifically developed to boost the skin's ability to Repair itself after aesthetic and dermatologic procedures, speeding up the recovery time of the skin after having an elective procedure. Whether you are a dermatologist, aesthetician, skin care therapist, or someone who is committed to a regular aesthetic regime, our GF1 range works to help fight infection, treat excess inflammatory responses and speed up the recovery process.
Our hypochlorous acid (HOCl) solution in GF1 is slightly more concentrated than our everyday GF2 range, which is why it is so effective in supporting the skin's natural defences against irritation and sensitivities while helping to control post-procedure inflammation. It also ensures a much lower risk of post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation (PIH) with a reduced risk of infection, scarring and dermatitis. The formula also combats prolonged redness.
Once your skin has healed, you can move over to our GF2 formulations for daily use until your next appointment.
Directions & Recommendations
Apply GF1 before any skin treatment begins. This will ensure all pathogens that might be present on the face will be destroyed before the treatment starts.
- Wash your face with a liquid skin cleanser and gently pat dry with a clean towel.
- Holding the bottle approximately 15cm from the face, spray GF1 onto the face, neck and around the eyes until the skin is moist.
- Continue with the treatment as normal (the skin does not have to dry when GF1 is used to disinfect the skin before treatment; pathogens are destroyed on contact).
Once the treatment is finished, follow these guidelines to speed up the healing process, prevent infection and reduce inflammation:
- Apply GF1 again IMMEDIATELY after the treatment to a clean, dry face (cleanse the face of any serums or products used during the treatment before applying).
- Allow the skin to dry naturally (do not wipe off). We don't recommend accelerating this drying with a hair-dryer or fan as the molecule is active when the skin is damp. Allowing it to evaporate naturally means you ensure optimal contact with the skin and the active ingredient has time to be absorbed completely.
- Apply once every 30 minutes for the rest of the day of your treatment.
- If your skin is still red the day after your treatment, apply GF1 every hour to the affected area until the skin is no longer red.
- At this point, your skin will have recovered and healed from the treatment.
- Switch back to your regular routine of GF2 each morning and evening.
- Your GF1 should be used again before your next procedure, following the same step-by-step process each time.
Thoclor's GF1 will not harm your eyes and is safe if accidentally swallowed.
Please Note: It is not recommended to MIX your GF Skin Series products with or into other products. By doing so, you will neutralise the potential benefits of the formulation for your skin. Always apply GF1 Aftercare to a clean, dry face before or after treatment. We recommend that you don't use any other cosmetic products whilst the skin is healing post-treatment. Once your skin has recovered you can resume your regular skin routine.
- Store between 5 and 30°C.
- Store out of direct sunlight.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Discard any unused product 12 months after initial use or when expired.
Our skin series contains no animal ingredients and is always cruelty-free. Read more about our Purity Promise here.
Please consult our FAQs for more general info on hypochlorous acid.