Hypochlorous acid - or HOCl, when referring to its molecular formula - is still relatively unknown as an active ingredient for skincare purposes. At Thoclor Labs, we prefer referring to it as 'The Miracle Molecule'. Not only because of its almost miraculous-like benefits for all skin types and an array of skin issues. But also because it is the human body's own immune molecule.
General benefits of The Miracle Molecule
- Hypochlorous acid (HOCl) is produced in the body as a naturally occurring compound by our white blood cells. It is an essential part of our innate immune system and an integral part of our body's immune response.
- Within the body, HOCl works to break down cells that are creating infection or inflammation by destroying the harmful cell's membrane and its DNA. In that way it halts the replication or growth process of those harmful cells.
- Outside the body, HOCl also kills dangerous micro-organisms making it equally effective against bacteria, viruses and fungi.
- Because of its natural origin within the body's immune system, HOCl is suitable for all skin types, as well as sensitive skin or skin affected by very specific or chronic skin conditions.
- Once you start using it, it can help reduce blemishes, treat acne, soothe eczema, reverse markers of epidermal ageing, protect against environmental toxins, reduce the formation of future scarring, fight bacteria and cleanse the skin.
- It helps to combat pathogens and destroy infectious agents on the skin without harming or interfering with the skin's protective microbiome.
- It aids in treating and preventing dermatitis ('maskne') caused by the continuous wearing of masks.
- Our hypochlorous acid formulations soothe and support the skin's natural defences against irritation, inflammation and post-procedural sensitivities. All of this while also targeting signs of ageing, wrinkles, blemishes and hyper-pigmentation.
The Miracle Molecule's Benefits for Your Skin
- When manufactured correctly and under medical-grade conditions, HOCl is exceptionally stable as an active ingredient. This in turn simplifies and amplifies its delivery to all the layers of the skin, thereby ensuring maximum benefits.
- The quality of product formulation is important because the optimal functioning of HOCl also depends on the correct pH. Our GF Skin series guarantees a pH of 5.6 which is the perfect level to maintain the skin's health and protect its microbiome.
- Hypochlorous acid is highly anti-bacterial, anti-viral and anti-fungal. It is also an excellent anti-inflammatory with immune-modulatory effects, which accounts for HOCl's ability to treat chronic or inflammatory skin conditions like acne, psoriasis, eczema, atopic dermatitis and seborrheic dermatitis (characterised by the body's immune system attacking the skin).
- The GF1 products in our GF Skin Series are used by dermatologists and skincare practitioners to not only prepare the skin before a treatment, but also boost the skin's ability to repair itself after aesthetic and dermatologic procedures. Their anti-inflammatory properties are great to assist the skin with any post-procedure healing.
- Our hypochlorous acid formulation soothes and supports skin's natural defences against irritation, inflammation and post-procedural sensitivities, all while targeting signs of ageing and inflammation of the skin.
- Whether it's to retain a healthy and youthful skin; rejuvenate skin showing signs of environmental damage and ageing; restore skin to optimum health when persistent skin conditions are a daily reality; or to boost the skin's ability to repair itself after aesthetic and dermatologic procedures, our GF Skin Series makes it possible to transform the appearance, health and functioning of the skin naturally.