Our GF2 Skin Rejuvenation product contains Hypochlorous acid, a safe & natural ingredient that can protect against Covid-19 while rejuvenating your skin.
Hypochlorous acid (HOCl) is a molecule produced by the body, also known as our immune molecule. In fact, this is the basis for our immune system, and it is formed in the white blood cells. HOCl has many health benefits and contributes to the rejuvenation of the skin but it also has powerful disinfection properties. In tests HOCl has been shown to be 80 – 100 times more effective against viruses than bleach chlorine1 and it is completely safe.
What is a virus?
A virus is not a living organism. It is a strand of RNA/DNA that needs living cells to replicate, which is why it invades healthy cells and uses those cells’ biology to reproduce.
What is the coronavirus?
The coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) is part of a family of viruses called “envelope viruses”. Hepatitis, herpes and orthopox are also envelope viruses.
Envelope viruses have an outer wrapping that forms when the virus infects a healthy cell in a process called “budding off”. The newly formed virus particle becomes coated in an envelope made from a small piece of the host/healthy cell’s membrane. This outer layer of molecules looks like a “crown” which gives the coronavirus its name. (Corona is the Latin word for crown.)
Is this virus new?
The general family of viruses that we call coronavirus has been around for many years and one of the main reasons behind seasonal flu. This particular version of the virus is called SARS-CoV-2 and what makes it so dangerous is that it spreads very easily and attacks healthy people too, not just the old or the weak.
How to protect yourself
As with many things, there is an upside and a downside. Many countries have told people to wash their hands regularly, not to touch their faces and use hand sanitizers and surface disinfectants.
While we agree it is important to wash your hands regularly, we also know that the entry points are via the eyes, nose and mouth. This is why touching the face is so dangerous, but it is also a very hard habit to break. Using hand sanitizers and other surface cleaners will work to a point, but the problem is that many of these products contain alcohol, iodine and bleach-based disinfectants, which have some drawbacks such as:
- A slow kill rate. Viruses are harder to kill than bacteria, which means that the disinfectant needs to be in contact with the virus for long periods of time to work properly.
- They are cytotoxic, so they also harm healthy cells and damage the skin. Cytotoxic chemicals can’t be used in the mouth or the eyes either.
- They kill randomly. When used on the skin these disinfectants will also kill healthy bacteria that form the microbiome. This is an important layer that protects our skin and keeps us healthy. Damaging this layer will harm the skin’s natural balance.
The power of Hypochlorous acid
By far the safest and most effective products are those that contain Hypochlorous acid (HOCl). The acid targets the proteins in the virus, which weakens its power to enter healthy cells. Because Hypochlorous acid is an electrically uncharged molecule it can get inside the virus and quickly kill it without damaging healthy cells. Hypochlorous acid has also been proven to reverse inflammation and “switch off” the genes responsible for inflammation, ageing and disease.
Is HOCl safe?
HOCl holds the highest US FDA safety classification possible. Generally Recognized As Safe (GRAS) classification is only given to a product if it is safe to inhale, ingest and apply to the skin. GF2 is also safe to use during pregnancy and in babies. In fact, HOCl is considered totally safe for human use. One of the primary reasons why HOCl is not used to completely replace all toxic salts and other forms of chlorine is because it is a gas and not a liquid and is very difficult to make outside of the human body.
Not all HOCI is the same
Not all methods of manufacturing Hypochlorous acid result in medical-grade solutions. It is important to use a product that contains HOCI that has not been manufactured using salt (sodium chloride/Na). Solutions with salt in them also contain other toxic chemicals which can harm the healthy skin layer (microbiome) and cause reactions to the skin.
Why choose a Thoclor product?
Thoclor Labs owns the proprietary information to manufacture pure HOCl immune solution (without the other toxic forms of chlorine or salt present in the solution) outside of the human body. Thoclor makes HOCI that is formulated to the correct pH to achieve maximum killing power without any negative impact on the skin, eyes or mouth. It is presented in a purified water solution which makes it very easy to use.
Thoclor GF2 Skin Rejuvenation
The GF2 Skin Rejuvenation formulation contains Hypochlorous acid aligned to the pH of the skin. In addition to providing protection against the Coronavirus, with ongoing use, the GF2 Skin Rejuvenation formulation works to reverse environmental damage from UV exposure, pollution, toxins in many skincare products and starts to normalise skin-cell functioning.
How to use GF2 to protect yourself & your family
For protection against infection due to germs such as harmful bacteria and viruses, spray GF2 frequently onto the hands and face (keep the eyes and mouth open) especially when in public or whilst travelling.
For best results:
- First clean the skin, removing any creams or makeup.
- Spray the skin with GF2. Let it dry naturally without rubbing or touching the treated area.
The active ingredient is completely natural and safe. It can be used:
- in the mouth
- on the skin
- in the eyes
- by pregnant and breastfeeding mothers
- on babies and children
Safety of HOCl when compared to other forms of chlorine
HOCl is classified as a Food Additive - USA FSIS (Food Safety Inspection Service). The HOCl molecule has been extensively researched and multiple peer-reviewed medical publications refer to its efficacy and safety when used outside of the human body.
- Rossi-Fedele et al. Influence of pH changes on chlorine-containing endodontic irrigating solutions. International Endodontic Journal, 44, 792–799, 2011.
- United States Environmental Protection Agency Official List of Disinfectants that may be used against Covid-19. https://www.nea.gov.sg/our-services/public-cleanliness/environmentalcleaning-guidelines/guidelines/interim-list-ofhousehold-
- Standard Operating Procedures for Preparedness, Detection and Response to a Coronavirus (Covid-19) Outbreak in South
Africa.. National Department of Health Directorate: Communicable Diseases 30 January 2020. https://www.hpcsa.co.za/Uploads/
- Wang L, Bassiri M, Najafi R, et al. Hypochlorous Solution as a Potential Wound Care Agent: part I. Stabilized hypochlorous solution: a component of the inorganic of innate immunity. J Burns Wounds. 2007;6:65-79.
- McKenna, SM. & Davies, KJ. (1988): Inhibition of bacterial growth by Hypochlorous acid. Possible role in the bactericidal activity of phagocytes. The Biochemical Journal, 254 (3): 685-92.
- Dahlgren, A. & Karlsson. (1999): Respiratory burst in human neutrophils. J. Immunol Methods 232: 3-14.
- Babior, BM. (1978): “Oxygen-dependent microbial killing by phagocytes (first of two parts)”, N Engl J Med. Mar 23; 298(12):659-68.
- Wang L. (2007): “Hypochlorous acid as a Potential Wound Care Agent. Part I. Stabilized Hypochlorous acid: A Component of the Inorganic HOCL Armamentarium of Innate Immunity”, J Burns Wounds. 2007; 6: 69-69.
- Selkon JB. Cherry GW. Wilson JM. Hughes MA. (2006): Evaluation of Hypochlorous acid washes in the treatment of chronic venous leg ulcers; Journal of wound care; 15 (1); 33-37.